Sunday, September 27, 2009

Carve your name.

I want someone to remember me for the rest of their lives. And to think about how great things were when we were together. And how everything just felt right. And like it was all in place exactly how it was supposed to be.

I want to put a beer in your hand, a smile on your face and give you a day to remember. I want one day to mean so much that it’s a day you’ll never forget. Well, not because we went somewhere amazing or did something incredible, just because we were there. And we laughed. And everything was perfect.

The sun was out, the music was good. Maybe we’ll snap a picture or two. And when you look at those pictures and see the happiness on our faces -- you’ll feel the exact same happiness that you felt that day. Ten, twenty, thirty, forty years from that day. You’ll remember me. You’ll remember that day. You’ll remember the beer and the smiles and the laughs and the sun and the music. And you’ll remember feeling infinite.

True happiness is the happiest when it’s found in something simple. Something or someone. Somewhere or somehow -- not because of something mind blowing, but because of something that happens everyday to millions upon millions of people. But for some reason, on that particular day, that was exactly what you needed. A free blanket, a home run, a car ride, a song, a book, a friend, a smile.

Life could be so much simpler than we make it, so much more enjoyable. Sit back and enjoy the ride. Don’t look for anything in particular in anyone or anything. Just find happiness without looking. It’s everywhere, everywhere you go and everywhere you want to be.

The sun, the sunglasses, the drive, the dress you wore, the song playing on the radio, the person in the driver’s seat, the cigarette in your hand -- everything can be epic if you want it to be. You just have to make it epic. You have to feel it. I don’t really know how you feel it or how you find it but I do know that whenever you do, everything is perfect. And even if it’s only perfect for a minute, it’s enough to last for the rest of your life. I want to be epic. I want to make you smile and make you laugh and I want you to remember me because of something simple and not something huge. I want to be real and I want to be infinite. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment